Specifications of the FloE
Price base boat ready-to-fly
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the unique selling points of the FloE?
Even though the FloE handles like a dinghy, it has some differences:
- Simply launch it from a ramp or beach, just like a normal dinghy
- The foils easily fold to the side of the boat
- The drive can be lifted and locked at various depth for easy motoring in shallow waters
When you’re ready to foil; simply pull down the foils with a line. The foils lock themselves and you’re ready to fly.
What are the different modes of the FloE?
The FloE has multiple sailing modes
- Displacement mode: the boat floats on the hull volume and displaces the water like a traditional sailboat
- Planing: the boat sails faster than its hull speed
- Skimming: the foils give the boat a considerable lift, giving the boat an increased speed. The bottom of the hull barely touches the water
- Foiling: the hull flies free from the water. The sound of the water is decreased to a minimum
How do the foils of the FloE work?
When sailing at high speeds, the water will pas the foils and create a low pressure which will ‘suck’ the foils up, further increasing the speed of the FloE. Speed and weight are crucial parameters to foil. The curved foils find their own ride height balance. No active controls are needed to keep the boat level and stable when you’re foiling.
How are the components of the FloE made?
The boat is built by using bio-resins and emission free gelcoats. The core material is from recycled PET-material.
What is the top speed of the FloE?
The top speed is ca. 20 knots (37 km/h). For children and people that don’t have a boating license the speed can be limited to 7.5 and 11 knots (14 and 20 km/h).